21 January 2008

Drawing



Sometimes I can't believe what my students attempt and successfully create!!



We did a lesson on proportion in portrait making - I especially like the outdoor background given to this self portrait.



This is one of my prolific artists who draw endless pictures of strange worlds overrun by beasts.



Speaking of strange, this young boy began drawing a series of these odd, cartoon-like characters. This, after not producing much for almost two months! I love watching a student find a style.



Young boys love nothing more than to create mythical, fierce beasts to slay in their their fantasy worlds. I really enjoy watching my 2-D artists, as they intensely works on their creations... it's as if they are driven to create what they see in their minds.

No comments: